Finally, I'm done with these recaps!
This was race week! I ate a lot and ran just 3 miles on Wednesday. I rode my bike a bunch in between -- maybe too much. On Monday, my legs felt fatigued from a super windy morning bike commute, but the weather was so nice that I couldn't help myself and took my bike out again the next day. I cut myself off on Wednesday, so that I had two full days of rest before my race. I completely forgot I had bought a pair of compression socks so I pulled those out and slept in them in Friday night. I'm a compression-sock skeptic but I figured even a placebo effect would be welcome on race day.
April 29 - May 5
- Monday- Rest
- Tuesday- Rest
- Wednesday- 3
- Thursday- Rest
- Friday- Rest
- Saturday- 13.1 - Wisconsin Half Marathon (race recap)
- Sunday - Rest
Now that's a taper!
This training cycle (January 1 - May 4):
- Total miles run: 352
- Pairs of shoes: 1
- Injuries: 1
- Number of times I went to the doctor for said injury: 0 (whoops!)
- Gym bags left on the bus: 1
- Impulsive race day outfit purchases: 0 (for once)
- Percent by which my running group grew: 525%
- Coldest weather: -10F
- Warmest weather: 70F
- High fives with strangers: Lots!